Wednesday, 31 August 2011

School Speeches

For the last few weeks we have been doing speeches for the school speech competition. My speech was on Bacteria. Writing my speech was quite easy I searched through books, went on the internet and i ended up with pages and pages of information. I read it through and put it on to my speech but, it was too long so i had to cut it down. Once i did that I typed it up and set it out on to cue cards. Then i practiced and timed myself and my time was 2 minutes 47 seconds which is good. I practiced so much I actually knew it off by heart. Then the day came where I had to say the speech in front of the class. I was very nervous I did not like saying my speech in front of any body not even my mum! Well I did it and I think I did alright but i could of stopped moving around I think I have a habit of doing that. Also I kind of needed to slow down and speak a bit louder but I nearly got in to the semi final. Overall I think I did a great job and I sort of hope I get in next year because it seems very fun.

By Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment